CARSTAIRS & DISTRICT 4-H SALE/ONLINE BIDDING
77th ANNUAL CARSTAIRS & DISTRICT 4-H SALE
ONLINE BIDDING ONLY
AT THE OLDS AUCTION MART
SALE TIME: 2:00PM
The Carstairs & District 4-H Show and Sale Committee along with the members of the Cremona 4-H Club and the West Carstairs 4-H Beef Club, invite you to our annual 4-H Sale. Although, a different sale experience this year, we thank you for your patience, understanding and support. Sadly, with the outbreak of COVID-19 and the social distancing guidelines set forth through Alberta 4-H, we are forced to cancel the Show portion of Annual 4-H Show and Sale. This has not changed the fact that our members have been working hard throughout year and they are very proud of their steers available for sale.
Thank you to the support of DVAuction for allowing us the opportunity to continue with the sale via online live auction and for Olds Auction Mart for hosting the sale. We would like to thank all our past buyers for their previous purchases and welcome all new buyers. Thank you to our sponsors who continue to recognize the hard work of our 4-H members. Thank you to our family and friends. We appreciate all the support as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Show Committee members if you have any questions or would like some assistance with the online auction.
Carstairs & District Show & Sale Committee
SALE MANAGER JODI HURUM 403.999.4409
CHAIRMAN DANNY SHEEHAN 403.816.5535
VICE- CHAIRMAN MARLA CARROLL 403.818.8404
SECRETARY CAREEN ROHLEDER 403..689.0449
TREASURER HEATHER GOTTENBOS 403.703.4419
CREMONA DIRECTOR JARED FOAT 403.975.9994
CREMONA DIRECTOR HEIDI BENNETT 403.702.4469
WEST CARSTAIRS DIRECTOR CODY EARL 403.796.3474
WEST CARSTAIRS DIRECTOR MATT HOFFE 403.899.9353
LAMB REPRESENTATIVE SHANE GIBSON 403.888.0536
PAST PRESIDENT COLIN HEPPNER 403.473.3064
NEW THIS YEAR
The Carstairs & District 4-H Sale committee has chosen to go to a online sale format this year.
The live auction will be hosted by DV Auction (https://www.dvauction.com/), and will be held at Olds Auction Mart (OAM) who has been incredibly supportive through this process. They are graciously allowing us to use their facility for the online auction as well as to collect final weights on the steers before the sale, in accordance with the 4-H Alberta guidance to respect social distancing and eliminating crowds.
Contact Sarah Buchanan to assist you in registering and logging into the sale.
306-681-5340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go online and register ahead of the sale to ensure you have enough time to do so.
BUYING TIPS TO REMEMBER:
• Be prepared with a plan with what you want to do with the steer you have purchased. You can take it home, send it to a processor or check out the explanation of our resale program below.
• Please be prepared to specify which processor you are sending your steer/ lamb to.
• We will provide transportation to the following processors:
Meat Chop (Penhold)
Pure Country Meats (Strathmore) steers
• If you or your company wishes to purchase an animal and donate it to the Food Bank – please be aware your company is responsible for the cut and wrap charges on the animal. Be prepared to state which processor your company wants the animal sent to.
• The buyer needs to contact the processor they have chosen to provide cut and wrap instructions.
• Our 4-H members have fed these calves themselves. If you have questions about what feed these animals have had, please ask any of the members and they will tell you.
• Interested in purchasing quarter or half an animal? Contact any of our Sale Committee members or club contacts for assistance in finding another buyer.
CARSTAIRS & DISTRICT RESALE PROGRAM
If you want to support the 4-H Show & Sale but do not want to get the steer/lamb processed for yourself, you can have your animal resold at Olds Auction Market under the Carstairs & District 4-H Show. The 4-H member will take the resale animal home to be fed and cared for before being shipped to Olds for the following week’s sale. You will receive your cheque for the resale amount from the Show committee within two weeks.